Lego Indian Jones: The Original Adventures
Quick look review:
THE GOOD: Funny, long replay value & game life, fun puzzles.
THE BAD: No online co-operative play, AI needs to be more intelligent.
THE UGLY: No online co-operative play!
THE FINAL VERDICT: Lego Indiana Jones for the Xbox 360 is a definite buy. Traveller’s Tales have done a fantastic job making this by far the best Lego game yet for the single / split screen player.
Before I start this review I would like to warn you that it does not contain crystal alien skulls or Russian commies invading Area 51 looking for little green men. Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures is based around the trilogy we all know and love. Now, bias aside, I have to let you know that Traveller’s Tales have done a majestic job in recreating the feel of the movies by giving it a comical and thrilling edge that only the world of Lego can provide.
Like the Lego Star Wars games, Lego Indy follows the tried and true formula of fun puzzle solving with detailed plat forming, a winning combination for any casual gamer. As for the humour side of things, be sure to pay close attention to the homage of their previous games. I’m still laughing at soldiers wearing Darth Vader masks. Unfortunately as fun as the game is, there are still two main issues that I found very problematic, to the point of annoyance.
1) The AI of your buddy is somewhat annoying. You will need to plug in your second controller to move them to solve certain puzzles.
2) For what ever reason, there is no online play! I was pretty disappointed with such a fun element missing from the game. Lego Star Wars the Complete Saga had a really great system for online co-op and I expected nothing less. In fact I thought (if anything) they would have ironed out the lack of both players gaining the same achievement, but to my dismay, they took away the online co-op altogether. I can only put it down to laziness. Note to developers: It is 2008, it's all about online.
Those short comings aside, you will find your self caught up in all manner of adventures spanning some of the most epic moments in movie history.
Achievements for Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures on the Xbox 360
- This... this is history... .... 40G Collect all artifacts.
- Your mail is on your desk. .... 40G Post all parcels.
- Fortune & glory kid. .... 100G Complete the game to 100%.
- You chose... wisely. .... 30G Unlock all of the available characters.
- You will become a true believer. .... 20G Use a Thuggee Statue 20 times.
- Bad dates! .... 20G Give 20 bananas to monkeys.
- What a cautious fellow I am. .... 20G Destroy 50 objects with a bazooka or other explosive device.
- You call this archaeology? .... 20G Use a scholar character's academic ability 50 times.
- The best digger in Cairo. .... 20G Uncover 50 pieces of buried treasures using the excavation ability.
- Trouble with her is the noise. .... 20G Destroy 50 objects or characters using the scream and super scream ability.
- Start the engines, Jock! .... 20G Use a mechanic character's repair ability 50 times.
- How we say goodbye in Germany. .... 20G Access restricted enemy locations 50 times.
- There is nothing to fear here. .... 10G Complete the "The Lost Temple" level in Story Mode.
- It’s important Marion, trust me. .... 10G Complete the "Into the Mountains" level in Story Mode.
- Belloq's staff is too long. .... 10G Complete the "City of Danger" level in Story Mode.
- Why did it have to be snakes? .... 10G Complete the "The Well of Souls" level in Story Mode.
- I’m making this up as I go along .... 10G Complete the "Pursing the Ark" level in Story Mode.
- Keep your eyes shut! .... 10G Complete the "Opening the Ark" level in Story Mode.
- Short Round, step on it! .... 10G Complete the "Shanghai Showdown" level in Story Mode.
- I had bugs for lunch! .... 10G Complete the "Pankot Secrets" level in Story Mode.
- Kali Ma will rule the world! .... 10G Complete the "Kali's Temple" level in Story Mode.
- Quit fooling around. .... 10G Complete the "Free The Slaves" level in Story Mode.
- Take the left tunnel! .... 10G Complete the "Escape the Mines" level in Story Mode.
- Prepare to meet Kali! .... 10G Complete the "Battle on the Bridge" level in Story Mode.
- X marks the spot! .... 10G Complete the "The Hunt for Sir Richard" level in Story Mode.
- DON'T call me Junior! .... 10G Complete the "Castle Rescue" level in Story Mode.
- We’re not going in the boat? .... 10G Complete the "Motorcycle Escape" level in Story Mode
- No ticket. .... 10G Complete the "Trouble in the Sky" level in Story Mode.
- They’re well out of range dad. .... 10G Complete the "Desert Ambush" level in Story Mode.
- He chose... poorly. .... 10G Complete the "Temple of the Grail" level in Story Mode.
- I hate these guys. .... 20G Destroy 200 bad guys.
- It's not the years honey... .... 40G Complete any level with out dying, without invincibility.
- How dare you kiss me! .... 15G Use your whip to kiss Marion, Willie and Elsa.
- Oh it breaks the heart. .... 15G Oh it breaks the heart.
- That belongs in a museum! .... 10G Complete the "Young Indy" level in Story Mode.
- Nice try, Lao Che! .... 20G Destroy Lao Che with Indy.
- Goodbye Dr. Jones. .... 20G Destroy Indy with Lao Che.
- I step on fortune cookie! .... 20G Destroy 50 creepy-crawlies.
- He no nuts. He's crazy!! .... 20G Smash 250 LEGO objects.
- Hey! You call him Dr. Jones! .... 20G Create and name a custom build character.
- That’s for blasphemy! .... 20G Destroy Indy with Jones Snr.
- Show a little backbone will ya? .... 20G Destroy 100 snakes
- Blow it up! .... 40G Blow up 5 enemies with 1 explosion.
- I can't believe what you did! .... 20G Disarm 100 enemies with the whip.
- Throw me the idol. .... 20G Perform 150 whip grabs in the game.
- We go for a ride. .... 20G Perform 250 whip swings in the game.
- Got lost in his own museum. .... 30G Unlock secret area in the museum.
- Where Forrestal cashed in. .... 30G Collect 1,000,000 studs in the Ancient City Level.
- A source of unspeakable power! .... 20G Build 250 LEGO objects.
- You cheat very big! .... 30G Unlock all extras.
CLICK HERE to join our Xbox 360 gaming ladder today!